Baylor University offers student-aid programs for their undergraduate and prospective students. If you’re contemplating how to apply for this scholarship program, then this article will be helpful.
We have covered the application process, eligibility, requirements, and all involved to get a Baylor University Scholarship.
A Brief Overview of Baylor University
Baylor University is a Christian research university located in Texas state, specifically in Waco town. The institution is one of the oldest continuously operating universities in the state.
Also, Baylor University is one of the first educational institutions in the west of the Mississippi River in the US.
Interested in this university? In this article, we will look at the scholarship programs offered at Baylor University.
Baylor University Freshman Scholarship
If you’re a prospective freshman student at Baylor University, you will be eligible for various scholarships.
What Does This Scholarship Entail?
Among the scholarship programs at Baylor University, they include a set of scholarship levels for which the participants will be considered after the scholarship program’s decision.
Regardless of the number of scholarship programs a candidate completes, it is the same grant that will be given. Each student who completes all of them will get a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
Additional Baylor scholarships for high-achieving students will be considered for all participants.
Let’s look at how to apply for the Baylor University Scholarship for first-year students.
Freshmen Scholarship Application Process
How should I submit my application for this scholarship program?
- The first thing to do to get started is to fill out a Baylor application form.
- You’ll have access to your unique goBAYLOR portal when you’ve submitted your Baylor application.
- Check under the “Connect & Visit” page in your goBAYLOR portal, and there you’ll find the application for the 2022 Scholarship Program.
- It’s important to remember that you can make changes to your application until you hit the Submit button. Also, note that modifications cannot be made after the submission.
Baylor University Scholarship for Prospective Students
For those who are yet to get into Baylor, you can take advantage of the University’s Scholarship for Prospective Students, especially if you’re an international student.
The potential students can submit a single application and be hopeful of getting the grant.
Summer tuition subsidies are exclusively available for Baylor University study abroad programs. Other scholarship opportunities are available in the fall and spring semesters.
Requirements for Prospective Students Scholarship:
Through a single application, the university offer scholarships to academically gifted students entering Honors in the College.
- To be eligible to apply, you must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA in high school.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- This scholarship application can be found in the university portal.
- The school will begin examining applications in late February after the application period closes on October 1st. However, it is subject to change.
- Applications for the first round of review will be due on March 1st and 2nd*, for the second round on April 1st, and for the third round on May 1st.
- In late March, April, and May, applicants will get an email from ApplyHC@baylor.edu informing them of their award status.
However, note that due to certain technical difficulties with the application, the deadline for the Baylor University Scholarship for this 2021-22 session is March 2.
If you are having problems logging onto the application, please send an email to ApplyHC@baylor.edu by March 1 so that they can help you.
A Highlight of Baylor University Scholarships
Baylor University offers merit-based scholarships given out largely for academic achievement in college or other leadership qualities. According to historical data, students with a cumulative GPA of 3.85 or lower are rarely awarded merit-based scholarships.
The second category of Baylor University Scholarship is known as need-based scholarships. They are given to students who have financial needs. The student’s and their family’s assets and income are used to determine eligibility for the grant.
Moreover, Baylor University requires the submission of a CSS Profile and an annual FAFSA to evaluate eligibility for need-based university scholarships.
Baylor Scholarships For Academics
The first option is academic scholarship. If you would want to ascertain your eligibility for a Baylor academic scholarship, it will be through a thorough examination of your academic record and a thorough examination of your completed application file. This means that there is no need to submit a separate application.
Moreover, the good thing about the academic scholarship is that when students apply, all applicants are considered, including those who submit without taking the test.
Baylor University Financial Aid Scholarship
Financial assistance is the second option of Scholarship by Baylor University.
To apply and be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid, candidates must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile.
Both applications open on October 1 and must be submitted by the priority deadline to be considered for the most funding.
Also, note that financial aid is available to more than 90% of Baylor students, so it’s in your best interest to apply.
Baylor Specialty Scholarship
Baylor University offers several “specialty” scholarships to students who meet certain criteria.
You can discover these scholarships on their websites.
The sub-categories under this scholarship include:
- Academic: Which covers disciplines like Engineering & Computer Science
- Honours. Journalism, Music and other art disciplines are covered as well.
- Athletics: Athletic scholarships are awarded by Baylor Athletics’ various team coaches in compliance with NCAA criteria. If you’re one of the interested students for a sports scholarship, you can call Baylor Athletics at (254) 710-1234 to find out who to contact for each sport.
- Denomination: Since Baylor University is a Baptist institution, many scholarships are offered to students who are members of a Baptist church, and are seeking a career in the church, or have a parent who is a Baptist minister or missionary.
- Departmental: Although many department awards are only available to upper-level students, a few departments offer scholarships to new first-year students.
That’s the view of the scholarship programs offered at Baylor University. In this article, we also covered how to apply for these programs respectively. We believe you now know how to send your applications for a scholarship at Baylor from this detailed guide.