The University of Wisconsin-Madison is one of the notable universities in the United States. The institution is noted for the student-aid programs they offer for their different category of students.
Since a quality education implies many funds, it should also be cheap to accommodate all and sundry. The situation is the case for UWM students as they get financial aid in scholarships, loans, grants, and work-study opportunities.
This article will take a gander at these Scholarship programs available at Wisconsin’s top-rated university.
A Quick Overview of the University of Wisconsin-Madison
First, let’s know about UWM. About 25,000 students from 83 countries attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which offers affordable, world-class education. The university has 15 schools and colleges which are well-equipped with an excellent learning environment provided.
The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee operated as a public urban research university and was founded in 1956. There are 191-degree programs available, including 94 bachelor’s degrees, 64 master’s degrees, and 33 doctorate degrees.
As of 2021, the institution got ranked between #298-389 in the National Universities rating.
Why Should You Study at UWM?
One of the reasons to study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is that Students have a variety of Scholarship alternatives based on their needs and interests.
This provides you with the option to find a mentor in your chosen field, a great resource.
UWM Scholarships for International Student
The University of Wisconsin-Madison offers a Scholarships program to their undergraduate international students.
The University offers Scholarships to assist the education of excellent international students in the United States.
The award is intended to attract overseas students interested in applying to the university’s bachelor’s degree program for the academic year 2021/2022.
Successful candidates will receive up to $5,000 per academic year from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Eligibility and Requirements for UWM International Scholarship
Here are the eligibility and requirements for this scholarship:
- All nationalities are eligible to participate.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: A bachelor’s degree in any of the university’s subjects is acceptable.
- Criteria for Being Accepted: To be accepted for the scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria.
- To go into UWM, applicants must have roughly average high school grades.
- Those newly admitted at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee must have had an average high school GPA of 3.09 on a 4.0 scale. That indicates that mostly B students are accepted for the scholarship.
- Candidates must have completed high school and have a solid academic record.
How To Apply for UWM International Scholarship:
- The University must first offer you an undergraduate Milwaukee’s degree program admission before applying for the scholarship.
- Also, you must send your official or unofficial high school transcripts, which will act as supporting documents. The requirements for applying to UWM differ depending on your academic background.
- Admission Standards: Applicants must meet all of the university’s entry requirements to be admitted.
- Language Requirement: You should be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Visit the School’s Scholarship here at https://uwm.edu/admission/ to apply.
On the whole, the deadline for applications for UWM International Scholarship is October 1st.
UWM Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
The Chancellor’s Merit Awards, new scholarships for first-year students at the Milwaukee campus, are available now. Another thing about this scholarship is that they are renewable for up to four years. So far, students maintain good academic standing. The grants are awarded based on an unweighted high school GPA.
If you can meet the requirements for Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship, you will automatically receive their awards. They will be informed of the prize soon after they have been accepted. There is no need to apply for a scholarship. The following are the eligibility requirements.
UWM Freshmen Scholarship Requirements:
- Students with a 3.4 GPA are eligible for Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship, which comes in various amounts (unweighted).
- Another thing is that these Scholarships are renewable for up to four years, provided that the recipients maintain high academic standing.
- Qualifying students are automatically awarded this scholarship upon full-time enrollment and are notified of their award after being accepted.
Incoming New Freshmen at the UWM-Milwaukee or UWM-Waukesha campuses, on the other hand, are invited to visit the UWM Panther Financial Portal for more scholarship opportunities!
UWM Scholarship for Current (Undergraduate) Students
Current UWM-Milwaukee and UWM-Waukesha undergraduates are urged to visit the UWM Panther Financial Portal to learn about scholarship opportunities.
To apply for scholarships at the UWM-Washington campus, students must go to the Washington Campus Foundation’s website.
Requirements for UWM Current Student Scholarship:
- Application Fee for Online Applications
- Demonstration of English Proficiency
- Secondary School Diploma and Official Transcript
- You are not needed to submit SAT or ACT scores, although you may do so if you have them. They may aid your scholarship application or eligibility.
UWM Scholarship for Graduate Students
Graduate Students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are eligible for a scholarship.
Fellowships, Assistantships, and Tuition Waivers are the most common types of scholarships available to graduate students, and departments within the School or College offer them. For further information, please visit the Graduate School.
Other scholarship opportunities are available via the UWM Panther Scholarship Portal, which graduates are urged to visit.
Requirements for UWM Graduate Scholarship
- Carrying out the Online Application
- Application Fee
- Reasons for Graduate Study Statement
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- Official Transcript(s) and Degree Certificate(s) from Post-Secondary Institution(s)
- Program-specific requirements like GMAT scores, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, portfolio, resume, department application, or writing sample.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is one of America’s top 131 research universities. 25,000 students from 83 nations attend the university, which offers an inexpensive, world-class education.
This article delineated the Scholarship opportunities available for new, current, graduate, and international students at the University.