While over time, we’ve talked about a few handy information regarding migrating to Canada, we’d like to talk about Canada VISA application.
In most cases, before you can migrate from an African country to Canada, for whatever reason, you’d need a Canada VISA.
Thankfully, Canada tends to offer amazing opportunities for immigrants seeking a better life in Canada. By now, we are sure you are quite aware of the fact that Canada has friendly immigration policies. There’s often a need for a skilled workforce amongst others.
Prior to this time, we talked on the different Canada VISAs and the types you can enter Canada with. If you haven’t read that post before, we recommend that you take a look at it.
Depending on the reason why you want to migrate to Canada, a specific kind of VISA may be required. For example, If you want to study in Canada, you will need a Canada Student VISA.
Types Of Canadian VISA?
As earlier expressed, there are different types of Canadian Visa. It is important that you know the kind of VISA that applies to you based on the reason you want to migrate to Canada.
To give you some head-start, we will be talking about a few Visa types that the Canadian Government offers. This is available in two major categories. These are;
1. Permanent Residence VISA
As the name implies, this category of Canadian Visa is for those seeking to migrate to Canada permanently. Under this category, you have the federal skilled worker, the provincial nomination program, the Federal skilled trades program, the Canadian Class Experience amongst others. Basically, these programs offer permanent residency paths through the Express Entry system.
2. Temporary Residence VISA
Again, as the name implies, this category of Canada Visa is for those seeking to travel to Canada temporarily. Perhaps for a short period of time. Under this category, you’d find the student Visa, business delegations Visa, visitor visa, intending organ donor Visa amongst others.
Please Note: Those seeking the temporary Residence visa can get single entry or multiple entry. As per the name, single entry means you can get to Canada once with the temporary visa given, precisely for not more than 6 months. Or, for the multiple-entry visa, you can migrate to Canada and stay for up to 6 months at a time and it’s valid for 10 years.
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
There are guidelines to follow to be eligible to apply for Canada VISA. This includes;
- You must have NEVER been banned from entering Canada
- You do not possess any security or health risk.
- Availability and proof of funds to take care of yourself during your stay in Canada
- Should be able to convince the immigration officer you will honor obligations required.
What Are Canadian VISA Requirements?
The requirements for Canadian Visa includes the following;
- A valid copy of your passport
- Fill and complete the appropriate forms pertaining to your interest on the IRCC official website
- Two passport photographs as recommended by IRCC
- Fill and complete the VFS consent form.
- Reputable medical history is required
- Proof of funds is enough to take care of your stay in Canada
- A valid copy of your passport
- English and French proficiency
- Reputable medical history
- Invitation letter detailing the proposal of your visit, and details of your host accommodating you.
- Proof of tiles to your home country
- Biometrics may be required
- A self-addressed return courier envelope.
What Is Canada Visa Processing Time?
Curious to know how long the Canada Visa process takes? Well, there’s actually no definite time frame as to how long the Canada visa processing takes. However, there are variables that could lead to delays in the process. So also, there are variables that can speed up the processing time.
Some of these variables include country of residence, the queue of applications, the accuracy of data submitted, verification of data amongst others. It is, however, worth noting that Express Entry is one of the fastest processes in attaining your Canada Visa. Usually, this takes a maximum of 6 months.
How To Apply For Canada VISA?
Now, to what brought you here. There are basically two ways you can apply for Canada Visa. Online, and offline.
You can apply online via the IRCC official website. For this, you will need a scanner, hard and soft copies of the documents required. It is important you submit every document required.
Offline, you can apply for Canada Visa through a Global visa application center available in Canadian Embassies or consulates. You can check for the ones available in your country of residence.
Submit Your Passport
When required to submit your passport, you are to submit your passport along with the request letter through the Canada visa application center in your home country.
Please note: If sending your passport to same visa application center as the same place you provided your biometrics, you are NOT required to pay for passport transmission charges. There’s also the option to pick up your passport yourself, or through an authorized representative. You can also pick it through a self-addressed return courier envelope.
That’s it. That’s all the essential things you need to know regarding Canada VISA application. If you have any other questions regarding the subject, please be sure to let us know using the comment session.
- Jobs In Canada For Foreigners With VISA Sponsorship
- 5 Steps To Get Visa Invitation Letter For Canada
- Documents Required To Prove Funding For Student VISA
- Companies In Canada Looking For Foreign Workers For Recruitment